autox-cm

Re: Balance question

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Balance question
From: Martin's <martin_93555@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 08:09:03 -0800 (PST)
Thanx for the replies guys but I don't think anyone's
quite hit the nail on the head.

Karrake: Bumpsteer correction was part of the
origninal baseline...don't see how it could change.
All camber, caster, toe and height settings are back
to baseline.

Don:  I've always run Hoosier 25A's.  The car
currently has massive oversteer on the same surfaces
where it once was neutral.  Yes, I have experimented
with lowering rear ride height and more rear toe-in to
combat the oversteer and they do help a little. But
what I'm trying to run down is what caused a
previously neutral car to go way loose when I'm not
aware of any physical changes other than whatever tire
evolution has taken place.

Bill:  You kind of make my point.  Even with crap
front tires and new rear tires the car oversteers.
Yes I could put new tires on the front, but I don't
see any possibility that that could bring the car into
balance -- the front sticks too good now and new
fronts would have to grip less than the old.

Again, I realize there are things I can do to bring
the car back to balanced and I'll do them.  But right
now I'm just trying to find a logical reason for
what's changed. The current rears are noticeably
narrower than they used to be, so my suspicions run in
that direction.

  --  Bill