RE: Dash Lights

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dash Lights
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 07:50:08 -0800
        Stan:

        I would add one observation. When I relamped my instruments the
brightness definitely took a step up, just by virtue of changing out all
my 30 year old bulbs for new ones.
        If one is frustrated with the low brightness, I would urge them
to replace all the lamps, and see if the brightness doesn't at least
become acceptable. I still run my dash at or near full brightness, but I
can clearly see the instruments now.
        I would also add that as I have aged, I need more light to see
everything, not just my TR6 instruments. At least part of the griping on
the list about dash lights is driven by the <ahem> 'seniority' of the
average owner. All IMHO of course.

        Vance