RE: Dash Lights

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dash Lights
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 07:47:19 -0500
John, these show up on ebay regularly but to be honest they were useless even
when working as we all generally keep them on the brightest possible setting
(ie dim) and the circuit board just burns out at that location making it either
not work at all or only on/off if you were lucky enough to have the thing
slightly rotated when it was first set 30 years ago.. I would check the wiring
to make sure it is not some other problem and test by connecting the wires
together. You can just leave it that way in fact and not replace it and go from
dim to slightly less dim.

Stan