RE: [TR] Home alone - brake MC rebuild question

To: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Home alone - brake MC rebuild question
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:05:40 -0500
I went nuts hunting in standard stores for the 1/2" Allen wrench in
Canada when converting my brakes to Dot 5 last year. All the stores seem
to carry a maximum of 3/8". However I discovered that Canadian Tire
carries a nice little cold chisel with a hexagonal 1/2" shaft. I stuck a
1/2" ring wrench on the chisel shaft and stuck the end in the Allen nut
of the MC. Popped out very nicely. So for $7 I got a nice chisel and a
useful MC tool. Those chisels are much more common than the correct
tool.

BTW, I love that purple stuff. No air problems at all contrary to the
horror stories one hears and I haven't lost a square mm of paint in the
engine bay since then.

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6