RE: Firewall Grommet

To: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Firewall Grommet
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 07:29:22 -0700
        Jeff, Kendall:

        OK, I'm confused.

        I thought the hole next to the gas pedal was for the oil
pressure line, and that the tach cable went through the firewall next to
the speedo cable. My tach cable is not long enough to reach down by the
gas pedal and then back up to the tach. (?) The oil pressure line comes
out fairly low on the side of the block, so intuitively at least it
makes more sense for it to be for the oil line. But then when did the
English do things the logical way?
        Did I screw this up? It's hard to see how my tach cable could
reach this far unless I have the wrong cable... As it is the dizzy must
be oriented pretty carefully during installation so that the cable is
long enough to go through the firewall next to the speedo cable.
        Is it possible that you have this wrong, Jeff? The kink in the
cable may be due to an improperly installed dizzy, rather than improper
routing...

        Puzzled,

        Vance