RE: Ignition dropping out

To: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Ignition dropping out
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 07:48:11 -0700
        Kendall:

        While I have no direct experience with the Crane, I can tell you
that your symptoms are a perfect match with failure of the control box
for the ignition system. I have had experience with this exact failure
mode on a TR7 electronic ignition. Something is getting hot and going
open. After it cools a bit hey presto! everything works great.
        Get a new box, or go back to points. My solution at the time was
to replace the electronic ignition module with an Allison. Never had
another problem.

        Vance