Re: Red Line Options

To: wsteinman@pogolaw.com, janah@att.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Red Line Options
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 00:17:03 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/2006 2:57:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wsteinman@pogolaw.com writes:

I'm  running with a newly-purchased set of Coker redlines.  I  personally
think they look great, and they were cheaper than the Michelin  set they
sell -- same tire but with the Coker name instead of the Michelin  name.

HOLD ON -
THESE ARE NOT THE SAME TIRES - not even close

I have Michelin redlines purchased last year from Coker -  another member of
our local club has Coker redlines he's had for a couple  years - I have had a
good look at them several times - most recently about 3  hours ago. the only
thing Coker redlines have in common with Michelin  redlines sold by Coker is a
red line and the rolling diameter.. I have  heard that Coker owns the Michelin
molds and now has them manufactured in  Mexico. everything about the
Michelins is identical to the original  Michelins  (i still have some of those
too)
except the tread  patter. The Coker tire IS A NARROWER TIRE - i suppose Corky
gets away with  this because the Michelins don't list an aspect ratio (nobody
did back then)  and he can label his tire "185-15" and not reveal it has a
different width  and aspect ratio. the side wall looks very different and the
tread
is different.  IMHO Its a really lousy tire and hasn't held up very well.

YMMV but not by much.

Cheers
Jack Mc