exhaust system replacement

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: exhaust system replacement
From: "Campsmith, Michael" <MGC4@CDC.GOV>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:47:19 -0400
Listers--

It is decision time regarding my exhaust system.  I sent my stock
exhaust manifold off to be coated--and FedEx broke it.  My replacement
choices were limited, so I went with the tube headers.  My question now
becomes:  which exhaust system will work best with the headers?  I would
like improved flow but without excessive noise.

I like the look of the free-flow system with Monza tips, but have heard
about quality problems.  The dual-muffler sport exhaust is a
possibility, but people have said those are pretty loud.  I like the
sound of the stock exhaust, but was hoping to improve performance if
possible.

Thanks and I look forward to the discussion.

Michael Campsmith
1974 TR6 (body and panels have been stripped, still in a million pieces)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: