Re: exhaust system replacement

To: 6pack list <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: exhaust system replacement
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:06:13 -0400
Don,

I got my SS headers done by Jet-Hot and love the result. They are a bit more
expensive that some of the other guys, but the warranty and experience is
worth the extra money (IMHO).

FYI, the cost to do this in Feb of 2002 was as follows:

Base coat- $165
Top coat- $20
Return shipping- $18

I had a bung welded into the lower portion of the headers before I sent them
off to Jet-Hot. This allowed me to screw-in an O2 sensor for my fuel mixture
gauge.

I also found that I was removing the exhaust system more that I had planned
and so I had a 3 hole flange welded on both the end of the hearers and the
front of the intermediate pipe. This makes disassembly so much easier.

Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250

on 10/27/04 10:08 AM, Don Malling at dmallin@attglobal.net wrote:

> TRF has called to inform me that my two Falcon Group 44 headers are in
> and will  be shipped to me tomorrow. One for my TR250 (still in pieces)
> and one for the 71 TR6 (in one non-running piece)
>
> Now for the next step -- any recommendations on a good place to have
> them ceramic coated?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: