RE: How can a "spirited driving challenge" be lost in third

To: Richard Cottingham <richardc@PinchinLeBlanc.com>
Subject: RE: How can a "spirited driving challenge" be lost in third
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:46:28 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I guess we all have our vices... mine happens to be all about cornering.
To me, there's nothing like "tossing" your TR6 into a corner and then
drifting it 'round the bend. If you do it wrong - it's UGLY, but if you do
it right, it's quite fun indeed. It's sort of funny when you have to jam
on the brakes to merge into traffic on a highway (because your entry
speed is about 85 MPH)...

To be honest, TR6 driving is not about straight line speed. If it was,
you'd have a V8 in there. Love the TR6 for what it is, a really fun car in
the twisty bits.

And I'll tell you what, a TR6 will hold its own quite nicely against
modern econo-boxes quite nicely when you get the suspension dialed in.

Oh - and there's nothing like a good "hole shot" to surprise a "fast and
Furious" wanna be.

:-)
rml