RE: How can a "spirited driving challenge" be lost in third

To: "'Sally or Dick Taylor'" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <Gameparker@cs.com>
Subject: RE: How can a "spirited driving challenge" be lost in third
From: "Richard Cottingham" <richardc@PinchinLeBlanc.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:12:52 -0300
I personally prefer to exploit the mystique and illusion of power that
the TR6 is blessed with.  I frequently see two schools of thought among
those that don't know the car:  those in Cavaliers that think the car is
similar in performance to their Dad's - gulp - MGB (bye, bye, bucko) and
the other school which thinks it might have exotic car stats (I let that
fester).  I don't like to meddle with the illusion, so I wouldn't take a
chance at a stoplight beside an Si.  Yikes, don't some of those things
make 160 hp in stock form?  The only drag race I've been in was with
another 6 with similar engine modifications (and an owner who is
probably reading this).  Otherwise, I sit at the lights with a
self-satisfied, yet hopefully intimidating,  grin on my face.  Rarely do
I get a challenge from a Honda (see mystique and illusion above) so I
figure I win by default.

Having said that, if an MGB pulls up beside me, that's a different
story.

Rich C.