RE: How can a "spirited driving challenge" be lost in third

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: How can a "spirited driving challenge" be lost in third
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 01:53:07 -0400
Geoff:

Not being an expert Drag Racer but a "Wanna Be"(wish that I didn't like it
so well).... I have the same setup on my 74 Six with the BPNW S2 like cam
with stock Exhaust system front to back and it feels like the best shift
point is a touch over 4000, after that I feel I am wasting time. Every Cam
has it's best shift point and I would like to be for certain of mine, I just
havn't found a Scientific place to safely find out. I guess you've tested
your shift points enough to pick 5200? Any of you Racers care to enlighten
me/us on finding the best shift point?

TIA
Brooks