Re: Dings on daily drivers

To: pjgraffam@juno.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dings on daily drivers
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:50:06 EST
Al,
If you drive it you are going to get dinged.  The real question is "can you
stand it."  I know that sometimes the slightest ding on one of my cars will
drive me nuts!  My eyes are drawn to it everytime I look at the car. I
therefore have become pretty handy at touching up little dings myself with an
assortment of brushes and touch up paint.

 The feeling changes once it is all dinged and touched up.  Then your Triumph
has character and a story to every ding. At the Trials last year a kid
crashed his bike into my TR250 front fender and dinged her real good.  I just
brought her home, got out the dent puller, bondo, touch up paint and went for
it. The 250 , which has been driven a lot, now has more character than I wish
to reveal. Now if it had been my Six, which I drive very carefully and has
somehow made it through life dingless I would have gone "Bonkers" and drove
her straight to the professionals. I just know it would have drove me nuts.

Cheers,
Darrell