tvr

Tuning 2500

Subject: Tuning 2500
From: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 16:32:41 -0700
I have been researching what can be done to warm up my stock TR6 engined
1972 TVR, which as folks know is only 106 hp stock. I have triple webers on
it, a header, and I am acquiring pieces and info to go the rest of the way.
The more research I do, the more I realise how difficult and expensive it
will be to get a realiable 175 hp out of it, and I am wondering if I will be
happy with that amount of hp.  Perhaps I should go the Rover aluminum V8
route, or maybe a late Ford 5.0 litre mustang setup.  I figure if I dump
$3000 into the TR6 engine and am not happy with the results, I will be
pissed off. I am also starting to realise that the car would be worth more
for resale with a V8 than with with a hot TR6 engine. Comments??

Stephen
1972 2500 TVR