Re: [TR] 58 TR3A CHOKE [Hard To Pull]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] 58 TR3A CHOKE [Hard To Pull]
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:02:14 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/2006 1:44:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kinderlehrer@comcast.net writes:

> The after market cable I got from TRF, I think, was quite a bit longer than
> the original.

You know I think the repro cables may be longer at the knob end.  This would
be the metal portion behind the fascia.  In my TR3B the metal part is long
enough to get jammed against the heater.  I noticed that right away after I
replaced the original cable.  Trouble is I threw the old one out so I can't
confirm
this. It takes two hands and two feet to get mine out too.
The other possibility is my TR3B is twisted slightly causing this.  It took a
good hit on the left, front frame rail at sometime and the body has never
been off.  Anyone else notice that the choke cable is jammed up against the
heater?
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org