Re: Grassroots Motorsports

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Grassroots Motorsports
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:17:52 -0600
"Wm. Severin Thompson" wrote:

> To all Thickos,
>

> Give me a paragraph on why you're a member, what you race, why you're
> amused...or if you're part of the Bureau of Alchohol, Tobacco and Firearms
> and have been assigned to monitor us.
>
> Flounder

Why a Thicko? Ha. Being a Thicko reminds me of being on the lower decks of the
Titanic -- that's where all the fun is. (Comparison stops here!) I love the
people. I love the total freedom to affectionately insult each other. I love the
music. I love the way the crowd sits in hushed silence, listening attentively to
every note and musical nuance from the highly trained, rehearsed, and polished
musicians. Until the crowd is a little lubricated, of course, at which time all
hell breaks loose. Heck I even like to race with these people -- some of whom
can even drive!! (not all of them, of course -- you know who you are...) (and
how didja like that "whom" in there, huh? My sixth grade teacher Miss Carter
din't let no dummies get through......

--

TR6 -- Spring!
TR4 -- Sprang