RE: [Shotimes] Stalling when very hot outside

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Stalling when very hot outside
From: FlamingTaco <flamingtaco@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 03:26:18 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Considering that some FI motorcycles will boil the gas in their tanks (Summer
gas boils around 400F), but not vapor lock, I believe it must be very rare to
see vapor lock in modern FI cars. More likely to have the pump succumb to the
heat via a loose solder joint or binding of the shaft. Pressurized,
waste-return fuel supply systems with the pump located in the tank (which sees
a slight vacuum during operation) work in a manner opposite of providing the
environment needed for vapor lock.

Speaking of fuel, I've got some 1/8" phenolic on the way for fuel rail
isolation. Has anyone had to put spacers on their injectors when doing this? It
does not seem that the injectors will move around with a slight gap in their
seats.

Thanks,
David