RE: [Shotimes] OT reverse osmosis

To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] OT reverse osmosis
From: "Ron Porter" <ronporter@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 01:12:51 -0400
Does that also include landscape irrigation? If so, is sewage charged on
that water?

Some of the suburbs around Detroit that are on the Detroit water system have
the option of a 2nd water meter that does not charge sewage rates for their
outside water usage. Others do not. On the Detroit water system, a typical
bill will be 50-50 water-sewer, so the suburbs that don't get a break on
their outside water usage REALLY get nailed in the summer with their
sprinkler systems.

FWIW, I've got what I call the sweetest setup. I'm on city sewer, and I pay
a flat $52/quarter for the sewer. And I have my own well. No sweat in
running my irrigation on an even-odd schedule for an almost half-acre lot.

Only the electric bill hits $275/month in the summer!

Ron Porter