Re: [Shotimes] Nitrogen-filled tires

To: av8r567@optonline.net, shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Nitrogen-filled tires
From: Jon Heese <shotimes@jonheese.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:00:52 -0400
I'm skeptical too, but here's one thing you missed:

The commercials I've heard on the radio for this say that they actually
suck the air out of the tires and replace it with N2.

So, they could push the tire onto the rim, pop it with air if they
wanted to, then suck (most of) the air out if it and refill it with N2.

Depending on how much vacuum they can put on the tire without the bead
unsealing, it seems like it could get decently close to pure N2.

I'm skeptical that it actually helps anything.  Especially
cost/benefit-wise.

Regards,
Jon Heese