shop-talk

Re: [Shop-talk] Stranded by a bad car battery.

To: Dwade Reinsch <dreinsch@swbell.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Stranded by a bad car battery.
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 20:44:58 +0000

----_NmP-736d935d1ee7b6ec-Part_1

My daughter's 2022 Honda HRV battery died while she was listening to music =
waiting for a friend.  She said every light on the dash came on. Tough =
situation trying to help a teenager in college on the other side of the =
country.

The service rep at her local Honda diagnosed the problem as most likely the=
 battery over the phone as did Honda Care service.  Honda Care said they =
couldn't get to her for about 3 hours so she had a friend with a jump =
starter get her going and went to the dealer where they confirmed the =
battery had failed at the 18 month point and replaced it under warranty.  =
>From multiple forums, it turns out that the HRV batteries are likely =
marginal at the start to save money and weight.  She now has her own jump =
box and learned how to use it for when this happens the next time.

I had a 2004 then a 2012 Odyssey and both had batteries fail with almost no=
 warning.  Many current batteries are a case of they don't make them like =
they used to.

Brian