newsletters

Re: Editors and webmasters

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Editors and webmasters
From: john@triumphspitfire.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:04:06 -0400
I am in charge of maintaining our (small) website and could/would do
the newsletter if the position is vacated. Right now, I receive the
newsletter as text via email as soon as it is complete and revamp it
for the web. It is very little work on me as all the hard work is
already done (thanks to Marcy).

We do not receive many email requests about our club so that part is
also very easy.

The only con I can see, other than the extra time, is the newsletter
editor may not know how to make webpages so won't learn. Also, some
won't understand the site's importance so won't keep it updated.

John Goethert
English Auto Society
Knoxville, Tennessee
http://www.britishtoolbox.com/eas

>Hi everyone...
>
>Had an interesting discussion with a couple of our board members.  The
>conversation boiled down to whether the newsletter editor's duties and
>webmaster's duties were such that they should  (or could) be handled by the
>same person.  I'm wondering if any of you newsletter editors also act as
>the webmaster for your club.  Pros, cons?  Thoughts?
>
>Thanks,
>Blake Discher
>Detroit Triumph Sportscar Cub
>
>1976 TR6, 1971 Stag.   See them and play my fun game:
>"Don't Crash the Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph
>Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club:  http://www.detroittriumph.org

///
///  newsletters@autox.team.net mailing list