newsletters

RE: Editors and webmasters

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Editors and webmasters
From: "Al Bradley (home)" <bradal@naxs.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:16:43 -0400
Blake:  I am Al Bradley of the Appalachian British Car Society (
http://www.britcars.net ) and since my retirement as active newsletter
editor I volunteered to help our webmaster.  However, writing in that
strange 'language' made me crazy!  I now help by answering messages that
are left on the website by visitors, plus I am still the club's
Treasurer.

I would think there is certainly no harm in doing both, but as much time
and effort as you devote to your newsletter could also be applied to
your website.  Do you have time to do both?  I would think that trying
to do both jobs would come close to being a full time job in itself.
Supposing that you had nothing else to do, that might be OK.  Otherwise
I would try to separate those duties.  Just my $0.02.                   AL

> Subject:    Editors and webmasters
>    Date:    Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:00:30 -0400
>    From:    Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
>      To:    newsletters@autox.team.net
>
> Hi everyone...
>
> Had an interesting discussion with a couple of our board members.  The
> conversation boiled down to whether the newsletter editor's duties and
> webmaster's duties were such that they should  (or could) be handled by the
> same person.  I'm wondering if any of you newsletter editors also act as
> the webmaster for your club.  Pros, cons?  Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Blake Discher
> Detroit Triumph Sportscar Cub
>
> 1976 TR6, 1971 Stag.   See them and play my fun game:
> "Don't Crash the Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph
> Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club:  http://www.detroittriumph.org

///
///  newsletters@autox.team.net mailing list