Engine Venting Question

To: <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Venting Question
From: "William Langdell" <w.langdell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:57:31 -0700
Dear Listers:  I am trying to adapt a twin SU carb manifold from a Midget 1275
onto a 958 and am having trouble deciding where to put the valve cover and
crankcase vent hoses.  They used to go to the air cleaner but the new intake
manifold has a large fitting that pulls vacuum.  When the engine vents are
hooked up to this fitting the car idles really roughly.  I suspect there
should be some kind of PCV valve in line with the hose or maybe I should hook
the vent up to the air cleaner and blank off the fitting on the intake
manifold.  Any suggestions from those who have successfully put a twin SU onto
a 948?  Thanks for your help.  ---Bill Langdell, Sunnyvale  '57 Conv.