Re: Engine Venting Question

To: "William Langdell" <w.langdell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Venting Question
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:59:40 -0700
Bill,

I used a oiece of 1/2" copper tubing and a loop of steel strap to construct
a road draft tube from the vent on the timing cover and hooked the air
cleaner tube th the air cleaner - this will vent it without becoming a
vacume leak (as does hooking it up to the manifold - there is just too much
volume inside the engine to use up all the vacume) - I tried to set up a
vent system on an 1100 using a pcv valve from a Jeep and it sorta worked -
connecting the front vent and the valve cover vent together, with a plastic
"Y" from Pep Boys taking the third nipple and running a tube to the Jeep
valve and hooking it to the manifold.

I later went back to an original 1967 single manifold and changed
everything back to stock 1967 spec with all of the proper stuff and the
stock PCV valve. The stock 67 also came with no vent nipple and uses the
plastic sealed oil cap, but since I had a 948 valve cover, I plugged the
nipple and, believe it or not, the new plastic cap screwed right on the old
valve cover - WORKED LIKE DOWNTOWN!!

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice Beach, CA