Re: garage heat (no mog content0

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: garage heat (no mog content0
From: George Gerth <ggerth@west.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 11:36:44 -0800
William Zehring wrote:

 I'm
> pondering the purchase of a heater for my garage and am stuck between two
> options; kerosene and propane.  Any comments?  I'm leaning towards propane.
>  Electic is just too $$$, isn't it?

I have a "Ker-o-sun"  ventless kerosene heater that I have used for
years.  When It was new I used it in my house in the San Franciso area.
It works well and does not smell if you keep the wick trimmed.  This
type of heater has a round wick and glass cylinder as the combustion
chamber.  It gives off some light as well.

The next step up would be a "space heater" with a blower of the type
used in construction sites.  I have not used this type.

Remember fire safety if you choose ANYTHING that has an open flame!

BTW, when I lived in Salt Lake City, my "poor mans" block heater was
just a 100 watt bulb in my drop light left under the hood (oops, bonnet)
against the block over night.

No need for that now here in Santa Bab's!  Keep warm...
George Gerth
Santa Barbara, CA
'63 Morgan +4
'66 Aston Martin DB5