Re: garage heat (no mog content0

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: garage heat (no mog content0
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 10:11:01 -0500
At 02:09 PM 11/7/97 -0500, William Zehring wrote:
>Dear Mog-o-philes:
>
>.... I'm pondering the purchase of a heater for my garage and am stuck
>between two options; kerosene and propane.  Any comments?  I'm leaning
>towards propane.....

Will,

   I have a small kerosene - convection heater that I have been known to
use in the garage.  A neighbor had a salamander kerosene heater.  The
salamander kind of scares me,  the "jet" exhaust - must admitt that it
does heat things up in a hurry - but it sure is nosy.  I like the quite
of my convection heater.

   I've heard a lot good about the propane heaters.  There was a thread
on shop-talk about that a while ago.  They are quite and warm.  I guess
the question becomes which is cheaper to purchase, and run.

John

>My appologies for the lack of mog content but then, after the recent spate
>of religion we've gotten I thought some simple organic chemistry would
>clear the mind.
>
>have a warm dry weekend (if you don't live in NJ):
>
>WZ

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire