Re: trailer question

To: spook01@comcast.net
Subject: Re: trailer question
From: Robert Zwart <zwart1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:30:37 -0800
Cc: "Kevin Allocca" <kevin-allocca@msn.com>, "Rothgene Roth" <rothgene@msn.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
There are people who build special trailers for special jobs(cars) and
there are trucks that haul cars.  We hauled a race car all over the USA
for close to eight years in a Ford F350 with an enclosed box, and two
30 gallon fuel tanks, so we could go further between fills.   The
aluminum ramps were about 16 feet long and slid in along side the car.
The inside was a continuation of the outside ramp so the car was on the
tilt, nose up.    I hauled MGs in it also but they didn't weigh quite
as much.   We carried 50 gallons of fuel, 20 some wheels and tires,
spare parts for practically another engine, a compressor, generator,
and of course a winch.  The only thing I could have used was a welder,
but we usually found someone to do a welding job.  Acetylene torch
would suffice for most emergency work, rather than electric.
        A lot easier to back up and steer through parked cars.  Easier to
store.
        Bas de Voogd in the Netherlands uses his MG VA to tow his MG race car
all over Europe.  No Trailer, just a hidden hitch frame under the rear
bumper of the VA, and an attachment for the race car.
        Finally, there are several tailer builders who will do a special just
for your needs.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type multipart/appledouble]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type multipart/appledouble]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type multipart/appledouble]
Top photo was inside our truck, next is side of our truck, and the red
job is a custom truck I saw at a car show.

BOB

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/tiff which had a name of
Pasted Graphic.tiff]