Re: engineering challenge

To: <DB35PA@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engineering challenge
From: "Jack Hardy" <jnshardy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:27:48 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don/All;

My PA 4 seater came with home made seats that are similar to a 2 seater, two
"squabs" and a full width back. (these seats were not installed and the car
was partly disassembled so I did not try them) There was a bulkhead behind
the seat back to support it that was aft of where my bucket seat backs are
now. I would have had to recover what I had so I decided to go back toward
original and use buckets. Mine are as far back as the wheel well will allow,
I have to use my hands to get my right foot in or out of the car. I'm 5' 11"
and less than 200 lbs.

 I'd always thought that who ever made the seats that came with the car
probably did so to gain some leg room. I guess that is correct!

Sorry I don't have a solution, I could e-mail photos of the home made seats
if someone wants them.

Cheers,
Jack Hardy