RE: engineering challenge

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <DB35PA@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: engineering challenge
From: "Robert Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:48:28 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don,
Carefull with the bucket seats. They only help if they are so narrow as to
go between the driveshaft tunnel and wheel well. I have bucket seats on
PA-0531 and they are too wide so sit in front of the wheel well, almost
impossible to enter the car. But then I too am big boned, 6 -0 and 210 lbs.
I have a friend with removeable steering wheel on a TC, works well. Not sure
how it attaches but I thnk there is a cam lock so no loose parts to fall
out.
Bob Grunau

<< Anyone ever build such an item or see a solution for me?

 Thanks
 Don B.
 PA 1823
 No fat jokes please... I'm just "big boned." >>

Don, you should go with bucket seats......that would be a period
modification
and you will be able to get the bucket further back in the car. You should
also talk to Murray Arundell down in Austrailia who is even bigger than you
about all the mods he did to his TC so he can fit into it.  Murray is at:
goforit@ecn.net.au

As to your steering wheel idea, you will also have to figure a way to keep
the cotter key from falling out when you pull the wheel out.

Good Luck
Terry