Re: Engineering challenge

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <DB35PA@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engineering challenge
From: "J.E.A.Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:06:25 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don, Terry, et al,

As you guys know, I'm about a foot shorter than Don but my L1 Special has no
doors. When I first got my titanium knee it didn't bend too well ( I've
since installed a zerk fitting) and decided the only way to get in and out
of the car was to remove the steering wheel.

I did exactly what Terry is suggesting, I attached the key to the steering
shaft by drilling and tapping it for a 4 BA screw and made a simple 'T'
handle for the appropriate socket to remove the wheel. I still use it when
needed but I've taught my knee to bend better than it used to and I do have
bucket seats,

Cheers, "Bob".