Re: PA clutch

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PA clutch
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:41:05 +1100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Terry and others

Thanks for reminding me - you're quite right, I remember now they were a bit
longer than really needed. That was the shortest they had.

I think the cup point end is serrated too. Since we use them as a pivot
point I'd be inclined to grind it down to a ball end, but I can't remember
what I did on our car!

As to length, I didn't have to decide 'cos I bought ours years ago when 1"
was still available. If you're rounding off the end anyway, you could GENTLY
reduce the length, taking care not to get the screw too hot.

I havn't tried Nylocs. I've used Loctite (just a little of the Nutlock
variety - too much and you'll never adjust your clutch again), or this time
around a smear of Hylomar (a high grade non-setting gasket sealant) all down
the screw.

I have no knowledge of useage in the proper J2 engine/clutch, as our car has
a P-type engine - sounds likely though.

I note that Bill, Phil and Dennis would like screws. I'll see what I can
get.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC