Re: Clutch

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch
From: "Dwyer" <jasper@enternet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:18:43 +1000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Brian

I've just done almost the same things, and I'm about to refit the engine
now: you're worrying me!

Is it possible that the clutch driven plate is dragging on the pressure
plate due to either contamination on the faces, or friction on the splines?
What about the spigot bearing: could there be drag there?

Nothing to do with the problem, but how much did you lighten the flywheel? I
worked to the drawing published by the MMM and others which is said to be
the Works instruction for lightening the P-type. This reduced our flywheel
from 11Kg to 7Kg.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC