Clutch

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch
From: Kellmg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:12:11 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the input. The clutch driven plate looked in good condition and I
reinstalled it. No new parts required except for one of the long U- shaped
springs for the thrust disc. The face of the flywheel was skimmed and the
complete clutch assembly was reused. I could understand a slipping clutch but
this is not the case. It drives well. I think the same symptoms would happen
if the spigot bearing seized. I put a new one in. Though the more I look at
the drawing, the more I suspect this. What's confusing me is the fact it
operated fine initially. Worked like a charm.

As a matter of interest the system is the earlier type.

Brian.
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol