engine oil

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: engine oil
From: GRaw505@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:40:43 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I've tried all sorts, from modern GTX (it appears to foam and upset oil
pressure), Penrite (need a second mortgage), Castrol Classic (which I don't
think is a true monograde) and ended up with Silkolene Classic.  Half the
price of most of the others but with a respectable 'name' to stand over it.
I use it in Penny's re-built TC with fast-road cam & steel crank & rods,
heavier springs etc and my PA which has been run VERY hard for the last few
years in autotests and trials etc.  The PA engine is currently being rebuilt
with all the goddies as per TC but will have a blower added too.  I intend
carrying on with the Silkolene.  Incidentally, I have no connection with any
of these companies or their distributors
Best of Luck
Geoff Rawlings
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol