RE: MMM Engine Numbers

To: <Bill707@aol.com>, <Kellmg@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MMM Engine Numbers
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:35:58 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Well guys,

I've a bit of bad news. My PB Airline is carrying a block with the number

1528A
135P

This seems like it's pretty clearly a PA block. I know that late PAs carried
the 135 designation, but unfortunately, not the other way around.

This is also odd, as the guarantee plate shows 813APB as the original, and
the MMM records show the engine number to be 543APB, so it's evidently has a
couple of engine swaps in its time.

And no, Bill, I'm not sorting through gearboxes, although I still have an
excellent spare J2 box which has the same ratios as a PB. Want to work out a
swap for that PB engine?

Luckily, my gearbox is stamped

871             4
199             10

so it looks like only the block was swapped, not the gearbox - and, no, I
don't want to have a complete PA drivetrain.

Lew