healeys
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Healeys] BANG!

To: healeys@autox.team.net, Richard Antal <rantal243@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BANG!
From: Hank Leach via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2026 00:06:51 +0000 GSOiJJNB2R9j7qHFynWVPkorbEVzmwiCtqnKlAjwJRIAITw6s742nJJwXpICKA9L6KhgFO3fMs/o5jIdYtLZSQKE+xYIKXp5oqUl9YaFJWiWl1JudOw7bmuG
Authentication-results: autox.team.net; header.b="iBECQt6V"
Delivered-to: mharc@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: healeys@autox.team.net
--===============5829220046369439277==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Sounds like a u-joint-cheaper than a rear end or axle. =
Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: "Richard Antal via Healeys" =
&lt;healeys@autox.team.net&gt; <br>Reply-To: "Richard Antal" =
&lt;rantal243@yahoo.com&gt; <br>To: &lt;healeys@autox.team.net&gt; =
<br>Sent: September 17, 2026 at 2:55 PM PDT <br>Subject: [Healeys] BANG! =
</div>
<div class=3D"yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica Neue=
, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
<div>Salutations fellow =
Healeyphiles,</div>
<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;I came to a stop sign on the =
steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a busy road with a lot of traffic =
going 40mph. A window of opportunity presented itself finally. The stick =
was in 1st, my foot on the depressed clutch pedal. I&nbsp;</div>
<div>quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and =
quickly released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a =
loud bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost =
propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allowed=
 me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The =
engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to =
Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vintage=
 cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendous=
 bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom.</div>
<div>Rich Antal</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>

--===============5829220046369439277==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys 
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

Healeys@autox.team.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys



--===============5829220046369439277==--

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>