healeys
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Healeys] BANG!

To: Richard Antal <rantal243@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BANG!
From: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2026 19:31:38 -0400
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; arc=none d=gmail.com; s=20251104; t=1789687910; x=1790292710; darn=autox.team.net; h=content-type:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to :references:mime-version:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to :content-type; bh=5DAcQYtk4NVJRhjKqhv5WcqnYWoQmBr+FuByjVjBtj4=; b=cca6HTNhPoin+Emgcri0gzt6udicS5DuoATA6GWif+gikW821p6cKsg4lQRuIyKe88 MIE5qEGHChAS04cBoVxq9eCzI9ZZAn0qneO7KJkoocZVLIoipeUNlpNrHPv/dFAu6CVT AsmoMkwxl71WZBAc0ry9d1GE/IE0p7HlUaNyoqTxfXaOuUUTZJxjO49qqZw6tH6kG/Fa 6f1qwOIFOWJfmIR/UHzRV+19LAB+8TAyIUXTzBG8xbUz2R605IBwICxgqHIFvpH+OQ32 k+QhuZmPUOrrRv+oKinZZ8SsbJZ08Bd4s+UgU7CGKxLwazIWjMO+icUwZ1ESNXrkLpXd geBA== d=1e100.net; s=20260707; t=1789687910; x=1790292710; h=content-type:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to :references:mime-version:x-gm-gg:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc :subject:date:message-id:reply-to:content-type; bh=5DAcQYtk4NVJRhjKqhv5WcqnYWoQmBr+FuByjVjBtj4=; b=mxwBYCtu3SVZUCK445Li8+xi/ITlsdk+AwdqL+mBq9GLzs0wC5w3TUd21RysyFNC35 bIeaj7YY3eSA3uGVlUw8ThVQq54btAA6hkYGVSt7XIMfE960e9SuTmoi8bD3rz+6ZJpy zmL8kq21i2gamD6MAF9JZGiNuAycFpMiTnq953WntMSXt/pB0oSTAvPFEkXMmDCC+9bR tRZ/OosoS74e7/fdjUwr8F8n6oSFm6VYX2iYUAVtI/zRuiK2wf8ME36rIx2HkQZ4sKAT Ob4F+8NYdqGk4qxGUiuOkZawZ+WAGLgUJF2IKkDB/rpNFpYC4fxQl0acXDVIqB620FO3 kqJw== uTa+vPfkfx60ue+lgouckNP+yEuds5MUeYRnsv5JvBz0s6uCFhXdoUIryYHpUx/gEPp30fOXHQL jwmC8q+YXrx5X7aaxI6KqM/PKxiwsXhs= I4zKiN9zPLDWilfujnriVvCbFtHWc1o0vtQuxHvwcwKw/dQnbqN+h4NaRXn1DpFdeTB/Vzuyq9J PHVtq+BHqf5K8fXPzqFVKPfbfZTT6S2gjHfr1nftyloZvMnDXxSyfZ/XCd905riKNyqBSI1DmPT CFMchnCg/BrFaoyNnGJsbs/LNt5/9OZlU6+jV0L+Dj5sVQRKyuCVx7s3ia6HQ9+/WP8cwShDlIm 78LFyWe8SJx+i0DKlt+qceYuMlVe7J3ZTPPA03p6MOWpljv+uyHU8FF7I1WsxWZOo8rGZHiacl/ tnpxCA8k/t7vuB8kNAU5hO84a 2adb3069b0e04-5b8c17f0ce4mr123247e87.8.1789687909626; Thu, 17 Sep 2026 16:31:49 -0700 (PDT)
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; h=cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to:references bh=5DAcQYtk4NVJRhjKqhv5WcqnYWoQmBr+FuByjVjBtj4=; fh=UpnrpLDhAe9nUQrKTXZBzsE7sizMFKFHM3+QUzfCrgU=; b=BpAsTkP5NL6+OvTJTPIXpEDxfcGyY30AOaMU5kX9gvRKiGF3Ip2DCXFBNIHNf7/Mj1 hKLFVpa7RDVH1GuJvH1NwHhW7KEMSja6eIFXlyp470k1D/6+gaAVlu1u6iVLL8ZZgsNL fa4L0iisXpuk5EZpoTs4akcNvK8LXLSnSxjbruX/0FFfJNUWYTK0SJ9+wnadZBSj0V+7 RtSKsBD8wdZ2N7noXIF49d2dKydsiZaBaKF/3n27cYA3orjBNalwEOt9ZUUiBJSLFSDy 3zAfOTyDIjgYm1RWBCO7QhRQveN1BPuV+B6AYZX9GHFahZH5y6JDEvXWHIo7v40rPpl1 8+YA==; darn=autox.team.net
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1789687910; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; b=MhNqZbqHraoczLgByKDeJRn6AH/Jabv+EgJWOOzN4C/nbAHd9lVRkWPAfoxBCnq4v1 2LTXU72iaFegpxx1/Cygpk0/Qy3MCUuvcxSkEDD6bp2bU/UkukKnBmjVUVJZvjMDKKd4 zGk29EL9XOKj4JePEoFfa2pDCIU3KRQu0B5bccNbuWjfBO9SIXrBlj3t+AzTkOtE6pIv Uy+xYCk1GeEP+efn1cLzz/zEXNZFG+5HpmlOd+y/d+PEbd1TuP/3Bv+vzbLv1js7y9st r9CNwjQC0KkiV/PSNbpCqgBv98BbjLGfOAqNSCueHO1JIdnQ52+BDAMeWZLGT4C8ICrE 2Pdg==
Authentication-results: autox.team.net;
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Delivered-to: mharc@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: healeys@autox.team.net
References: <946871525.950079.1789681080018.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <946871525.950079.1789681080018@mail.yahoo.com>
--===============6953078165581306153==

--0000000000001cb850065bb630a6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Any steam or smoke?  A bunch of years ago the head gasket suddenly blew on
my car and it sounded like someone fired off a shot along with a lot of
water vapor.

Best--Michael Oritt.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2026 at 6:03=E2=80=AFPM Richard Antal via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Salutations fellow Healeyphiles,
>      I came to a stop sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter =
a
> busy road with a lot of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity
> presented itself finally. The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed
> clutch pedal. I
> quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the engine and quickly
> released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me with a loud
> bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately became lost
> propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch allow=
ed
> me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic. The
> engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode to
> Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vinta=
ge
> cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrendou=
s
> bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom.
> Rich Antal
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>
> Healeys@autox.team.net
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.oritt@gmail.com
>
>

--0000000000001cb850065bb630a6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Any s=
team or smoke?=C2=A0 A bunch of years ago the head gasket suddenly blew on =
my car and it sounded like someone fired off a shot along=C2=A0with a lot o=
f water vapor.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><b=
r></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Best--Michael =
Oritt.</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div=
 dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Sep 17, 2026 at 6:03=E2=80=AFPM R=
ichard Antal via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>heal=
eys@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote=
" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);=
padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-family:&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;=
,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><div dir=3D"ltr">Salutations fe=
llow Healeyphiles,</div><div dir=3D"ltr">=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0I came to a st=
op sign on the steep uphill slope and wanted to enter a busy road with a lo=
t of traffic going 40mph. A window of opportunity presented itself finally.=
 The stick was in 1st, my foot on the depressed clutch pedal. I=C2=A0</div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr">quickly move my right foot from. the brake, gunned the eng=
ine and quickly released the clutch. The car lurched forward the saluted me=
 with a loud bang which I could feel through the floor and immediately beca=
me lost propulsion. No response to the stick in any gear. The initial lurch=
 allowed me to ooze across the road and get most of the car out of traffic.=
 The engine was running just fine. AAA to the rescue. I and my 65 BJ8 rode =
to Competition Motors in Portsmouth NH where they do extensive work on vint=
age cars of all makes. I await their diagnosis. What happened? What horrend=
ous bill am I looking forward to? Thanks for your wisdom.</div><div dir=3D"=
ltr">Rich Antal</div></div></div>__________________________________________=
_____<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">Healeys@autox.t=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/michael.oritt@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.oritt@gmail.com</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000001cb850065bb630a6--

--===============6953078165581306153==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys 
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

Healeys@autox.team.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys



--===============6953078165581306153==--

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>