fot

Re: [Fot] Independent Rear Suspension

To: Charly <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>, Charly via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Independent Rear Suspension
From: JAMES GRAY via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 11:32:47 -0700 (MST)
That black 4A was owned by Dan Forgey and is now owned by Mark Eden.
I have an IRS chassis on my '64 and use a quaife and running LOTS of torque and
never break an inside wheel loose but in Colorado we can run the Hoosier R7/SM7
DORT slicks. That has to be factored in.
That said, an IRS rear end will almost always grip better than a live axle with
or without a LSD.
Overly stiff rear sway bars is usually the culprit. I run 3/4" on mine. A
locker has always been out of the question for me.

Jim G # 102