RE: Newbie to list with questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Newbie to list with questions
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:09:39 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
How about an indycar motor?  Infinity Q45?  X-Terra Supecharged?  There are
lots of interesting SM2 possibilities.  The 914-6 that I autocrossed was an SM2
car that had a 911 motor swap.  It was fast, but the funky shifting tranny and
relatively skinny tires hurt.  914's have a similar tire clearance problem to
the Roadster.  The SM2 car I drove had big flares but still could only fit
225/50/15 Hoosiers.

A side note is that a 914 isn't really a contemporary to the Roadster.  It is
from a different decade.  The cars built as contemporaries to the Roadster were
no where near the Roadster.  In the racing series they made the Roadster
compete against 6-cyl cars because they were so dominant on the track.  The
only thing that really challenged the Roadster was the 240Z.   The Roadster
continued to be dominant over newer cars for many years.

Andy