Re: Noise in my V8

To: Glen Wilson <rstca@hemmings.com>
Subject: Re: Noise in my V8
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:08:57 -0400
Glen-

With those miles, it is over due for a new cam & lifters. The cams rarely last
beyond 75,000 miles before going flat. That is not to say the engine won't run,
just not as well as it should. This does not mean a tear down, unless the
compression or oil pressure is bad. You will have to remove the valve covers &
rocker arms, intake manifold & front cover. By removing the radiator, you can
swap it all out without pulling the engine. You do not need to remove the heads
to remove the lifters.

Jim Stuart