Torque settings for Rover exhaust manifolds

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Torque settings for Rover exhaust manifolds
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:11:25 -0700
Hi guys,
I'm getting ready to bolt the exhaust manifolds onto my 3.5 for my factory
MGB-GT V-8.  The factory recommends 13 foot-pounds for the bolt torque, but
that is for the original specification without manifold gaskets (the cast
iron manifolds bolt right up to the aluminum ports).  I am retrofitting the
manifold gaskets, as recommended in an MG V-8 Workshop Note from the MGCC.

Does anyone know if a US-spec Land Rover or Range Rover which uses the
exhaust manifold gaskets takes a different torque on the bolts?  I don't
have any Rover workshop manuals, only the original MGB-GT V-8 supplement.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Kile