RE: Noise in my V8

To: "'Glen Wilson'" <rstca@hemmings.com>,
Subject: RE: Noise in my V8
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:42:51 -0700
Glen,
The Rislone and (to a greater extent) Lifter Free work by dissolving sludge
that may be plugging the oil holes in the lifters.  They are not as
aggressive as a full Motor Flush product, but they do the same job.  I've
seen more sludge in the valley near the lifters and under the valve covers
than I have in the sump, because the oil in the sump is constantly stirred
up by the movement of the crankshaft.
Cheers,
Paul Kile