RE: P76 V8 seals, gaskets, pumps, misc oil leaks

To: "Simon Sparrow" <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>,
Subject: RE: P76 V8 seals, gaskets, pumps, misc oil leaks
From: Peter Kent <pkent@skynet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 99 10:18:28 +1000
The SDI front cover does work with the P5B pulley, which also fits the
front of the P76 crank. Don't know if the SDI front cover works with the
P76 pulley, you would need to measure the OD of the two pulleys at the
section where they touch the front oil seal.

The oil pressure is a function of the health (tolerances) of the oil
pump. In theory the SD1 runs the same pressure as the P76/RoverP5B but a
higher volume. In my case the pressure increased significantly, but that
may have been due to the 'freshness' of the pump relative to my old P5B
pump.

Cheers