Re: Greetings & Problem

To: "Ron Howard" <DigiFX@coastalnet.com>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Greetings & Problem
From: "Matt Lumb" <mattl@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:15:03 +0100
First point to check, get someone else to press the pedal whilst you watch
the release arm to make sure it's moving sufficiently (anyone know how much
this should be?)

My next try would be warm up the engine, then, with a clear road in front
and behind, turn off and select first gear, release the handbrake, press the
clutch and start her up - hopefully the jumping will free the stuck plate,
come on and off the throttle as hard as possible too. Then get up to say
2000rpm in first, press the clutch and the footbrake hard too. Getting
brutal with this could break something though.

I would be reluctant to try anything harsher than this as it might bust
something and frankly if it is going to free without a stripdown, then this
ought to do it.

Good luck

Matt Lumb