Re: Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for SFR 2006

To: geewiz@sonic.net, Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com
Subject: Re: Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for SFR 2006
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:19:08 EST
In a message dated 3/1/2006 9:06:31 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
geewiz@sonic.net writes:

Since I  think everyone agrees that we should not have all newbies at a
station  could we modify the signup sheet to make the first column of the
course  work assignment read "station captain" and put a notation that
you must be  a 1-year veteran to take this position? It would make it
easier for people  to see when there is a need and sign themselves up
to fill the  gap.

That sounds like a workable idea. I think what happens is that "newbies"
quite often come to an event together, like a group from a car club e.g., and
then end up on a station all together...which makes sense! It also makes sense
to insure that someone who has experience is in place to oversee the  station.

The biggest issues I've ever had with new course workers have been turning
their backs on cars on course and premature red flagging...