Re: Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for SFR 2006

To: Glenn Ellingson <geewiz@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for SFR 2006
From: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:49:02 -0800
 >Since I think everyone agrees that we should not have all newbies at a
 >station could we modify the signup sheet to make the first column of the
 >course work assignment read "station captain" and put a notation that
 >you must be a 1-year veteran to take this position?

my original redesign of the sign up sheets specified one experienced
worker per station.  (this was not specified before and was the case in
the ggf incident.)

novices are always at risk to stand in front of a car no matter what you
tell them before hand.  so you need the eyes and experience of our
veterans to keep an eye out for anyone that might be unknowingly
increasing their risk.

it is more problematic having some very small run groups and some large
ones, creating a worker shortage for some groups.  this used to be (and
still should be) the chairs' responsibility to anticipate this need and
move peoples work assignments around before its a problem.

i know i should bring these concerns to the steering committee meeting
and not just on the list.  ill try to show up at the next east bay
meeting.

james
OSP - One Sole Purpose