Re: Tint, tiny trailers for tiny, tiny cars.

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tint, tiny trailers for tiny, tiny cars.
From: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:04:13 -0800
At 08:17 PM 2/10/2003 -0800, Sean Bradshaw wrote:
>You do not fully understand what 1.9 cubic feet of
>cargo room means ...
>
>that'll be cool. ...
>-Sean

True dat.

We were walking out of the grocery store with two smallish bags of
items.  I was thinking out loud about where we could put the groceries on
the way home.

"I have my towel and bathing suit in the front trunk, and a pair of pants,
shirt, and sweater in the storage space behind the seats..  I have a folder
on the floor.."

At this point my friend pointed out that I just took a folder, flat like a
pee-chee and with less than 10 sheets of paper inside, into
consideration..  In any other car the folder's displacement is
negligible.  Not in the MR2 Spyder.

On the same trip my friend proclaimed that riding in my car is like riding
in a speed boat, with a busy outboard-like sound coming from behind you at
all times.  Driving on Hwy 5 was a chore, wailing along at about 50,000 RPM
at 70MPH with no cruise control.

I love this car so much!

Jake

P.S.  Every review I've read of the car says something disparaging about
how you can't pick someone up from the airport with it.  When I've got my
trailer it won't be a problem!  :)