RE: Autox School Brainstorming

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Autox School Brainstorming
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:28:02 -0700
Alan writes...

>"I'm here for an arguement."

Yeah?! Well, for starters, why don't you learn how to SPELL?!

I've already received positive private feedback.

Here's another idea. All of the instructors are our fantastic women
autocrossers. If you are a woman and autocross regularly, YOU will be invited
to instruct, regardless of how "good" you think you are. You're better than you
think.

The people we invite are spouses and girlfriends and general members of the
public with minimal or NO autocross experience who are interested in everything
Alan suggested: car control, safety, and even autocross skills if they want to
go in that direction. We advertise beyond the normal autocross avenues. Where
exactly, I don't know. Craigslist?

Anyway, they don't just do this in Canada, but SoCal as well. So, we're just
surrounded by these forward thinkers. I say rip off their ideas before they get
full credit for them.

Will they autocross again? Who cares! If we present this as a nurturing and
loving school, they'll be back in hordes! If not, we have just made our streets
and highways that much safer. Plus, smoother drivers are better for the
environment.

I'm thinking of this as some sort of community outreach event, something a
little bit beyond developing competitive drivers that would contribute to a
positive name for SFR Solo II. The folks in Berkeley would love it. They're all
over that empowering crap.

And before some of you guys poopoo this, I know a lot of you are single and are
hurtin' BAD for some female attention. You WANT more women autocrossers.
Whether they want you is another issue.

Your contribution? Oh, you're the cheerleaders all right. You can check tire
pressures. Root from the sidelines. Say things like, "You're so fast and
strong! I wish I could drive like you!"

Work with me here. Throw out some ideas! Pilar, where are you girl?

I say a lot of this with a big ol' sloppy grin, by the way.

Katie