Re: Autox School Brainstorming

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autox School Brainstorming
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:02:16 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com> wrote:

> First, next spring the VCMC Motorsport Club in
> Vancouver, BC, will be holding a women's only autox
> school. I know this is popular down in SoCal. I've
> always had mixed emotions about it, but after a
> positive women's only bike racing clinic, I've had a
> change of heart. Any possibilities of this ever
> happening in the Bay Area? I'm thinking it could be
> open to ANYONE, SCCA member or not, and as in
> Vancouver, it could be called a Car Control Clinic.
> This could be something directed at the general
> community.
>
> I'm just brainstorming ideas here. Please attack the
> ideas, not me.

I can't believe you would brainstorm ideas like this
here. This is just what you would expect from a
bicyclist from Marin. You get a trophy from nationals
and now you want us to start acting like a bunch of
Canadians.....  I'm sorry, you said NOT to attack you.
:-)

I think it's an interesting idea. As a "Car Control
Clinic" would the focus be on improving autocross
times, emergency manuvers, traffic safety or some
combination of the above?

> Well, let's have an intelligent conversation about
> this, because sometimes, we read something "new" and
> just completely freak out about it. I'm just
> offering up some ideas.

You are asking people for intelligent conversation on
Friday afternoon? I'm sorry I left that at the office
earlier this week.

"I'm here for an arguement."

Alan
http://sbc.yahoo.com