RE: SUV explosion - in numbers

To: <Larrybsp@aol.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SUV explosion - in numbers
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:13:48 -0800
Larry, all the SUV drivers you're talking about satisfy legitimacy rule
(2): towing a large object.

However, the general problem Larry points out is correct -- the
difference between correlation and causation. Whenever a driver makes a
stupid move that would have killed me on my motorcycle had I not been
driving defensively, I check their gender. The current ratio over the
last 15 years is 17 out of 21 times it's a woman. But from this
correlation I do not presume causality. Especially since Katie often
kicks my butt in autocross times.